Blog

Feb
01
CARBON MONOXIDE-STAY ALERT, STAY SAFE

At Billings Construction Group, we know there’s nothing quite like the comfort and warmth of a warm and cozy home. Most homes in Oklahoma are heated with a natural gas furnace. It is an efficient and affordable fuel that is abundant in our great state. When natural gas appliances are installed and working properly, natural gas burns safely and cleanly. But it is important to make sure that all fuel burning heaters and appliances are working properly to prevent the creation of carbon monoxide.



temp-post-image

Carbon monoxide, often referred to as “CO”, is an odorless, colorless and tasteless gas that can make you sick and can be potentially deadly. Carbon monoxide is created when fuel does not burn completely. Sources may include improperly vented appliances, auto exhaust and blocked chimney fumes.


Vented appliances typically run from your furnace, water heater, stove, or other gas appliances to the exterior of your home. Sometimes these channels run through the walls of your home, into the attic and out through the roof, which is where they can be damaged during bad weather occurrences. After home or roof damage following a storm, it’s important to verify that the vents are reconnected to any fuel-burning appliance.


Carbon monoxide may be present in your home if you see black soot around vents, furnace filters or appliance burner access points. A yellow flame instead of a blue flame on appliance burners is another warning sign. Carbon monoxide poisoning may be easily mistaken for other illnesses. Symptoms may include headache, dizziness, ringing in the ears, fatigue, increased perspiration, nausea, weakness and vomiting. If you suspect the presence of carbon monoxide, leave immediately and call 911!


Billings Construction Group is your local roofer here in the greater Tulsa area. Of course, we can repair your roof and even rebuild your home. But your family’s health and safety are our number one priority. We treat your family like it is our own. Please make sure your furnace and natural gas appliances are working and vented properly!




OUR Happy Clients 

"Chris Billings is a top notch business man in the service industry. And even more important is that he is a honest, caring and trustworthy individual that puts his heart and soul into his work. You will be completely satisfied with his crew and their performance. Highly recommended!"

Adam Holzworth

"Great shout out to all the team....Jeremy is such a blessing. He took such great care of us during Moms construction! "

Kari Hixon Ryburn

"Chris Billings and Billings construction are absolutely the best in the business. Not only have I seen this personally but with many of my clients and friends who have used them. If you’re thinking about anything Contruction or Roofing you absolutely have to give these guys a call."

Gary Ogg

HEADQUARTERS

BILLINGS CONSTRUCTION GROUP 

11911 S Oxford Avenue, Suite 400

Tulsa, OK 74137

918-936-3703 

office@billingsconstructiongroup.com

OK License 80002880

Commercially Endorsed